Do you have a broad interest in technology and do you find it a challenge to be at the beginning of the design of various complex products for one of our versatile customers? Then this System Architect’s job is for you. A job in which you fulfill an intermediary function between Neways and the customer and you find great diversity in the customers and products we make. For you: a challenging and independent job with plenty of room for personal input and, in time, various career opportunities. For us: innovative products that lead to satisfied customers.
What are you going to do as a System Architect Embedded Systems?
As a System Architect you will be part of the Design and Engineering group within Neways Technologies and the Embedded Systems department. Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for the electronics part of the solutions that we develop and produce for and in consultation with our customers. In your position you fulfil an intermediary role between the customer and the department and frequent customer contact is a must. By asking the right questions you will get the customer’s wishes to the surface so that we can offer a solution that meets the customer’s needs as much as possible. From your professional adult role you are able to manage a number of juniors in addition to your own work and teach them the tricks of the trade. In this position you will also work together with the Electrical Mechanics and Mechanics team. You will work at various Neways locations in both Son and Echt, but also at the location of the clients.
Your tasks also include:
- drawing up specifications together with the customer;
- carrying out or supervising feasibility studies;
- identifying and drawing up product (production) improvement proposals;
- maintaining contacts with relevant suppliers;
- being and remaining aware of available (production) technology;
- supervising the design, implementation, testing and documentation of any particular development project;
- participating in the project team, e.g. in reviews and consultation with the customer;
- providing support in drawing up plans and carrying out work in accordance with these plans;
- maintaining contacts with customers, whether or not focused on an ongoing project and expanding the customer network;
- having thorough knowledge of one’s own field of expertise and, where necessary, updating or expanding this knowledge for new themes, in order to apply it adequately in the advice.
What do we ask of you as a System Architect Embedded Systems?
First of all, you have communication and social skills. You know how to maintain good contacts with your customer, colleagues and suppliers and you know what is going on with the various parties. In order to get things clear, you are able to listen carefully and ask questions so that you have the right information at your disposal. You have a broad interest in the technology of both hardware and software aspects in the context of embedded systems design. It goes without saying that you will keep up with the developments in your field. You are able to work in a team but you are also able to fulfill your function independently. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your designs are made as optimal and accurate as possible.
Furthermore, we ask:
- a completed HBO/WO education in electronics or similar;
- academic work and thinking level;
- 5 to 10 years of work experience in a relevant position as, for example, electronics designer or engineer;
- management experience is an advantage;
- experience with CE, EMC directive and UL standards;
- experience with quality techniques such as FMEA, MTBF;
- knowledge of development tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab, Altium, DXdesigner); Knowledge of components and PCBA production techniques;
- knowledge of – and experience with analogue circuits;
- good knowledge and experience with MS Office Word and Excel;
- good communication and writing skills in Dutch and English;
- willingness to carry out work at various locations.
What do we offer you as a System Architect Embedded Systems?
In the role of System Architect we offer you a challenging position in a dynamic and healthy development and production environment. You will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to Neways’ development and profitability. We offer you a full-time position in a highly driven and collegial working environment with a lot of freedom for initiatives and room for personal development.
Where do you come to work as an System Architect Embedded Systems?
Neways Electronics International is a decentralized and therefore decisive organization, consisting of a holding company with sixteen operating companies in the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia and China and a sales and service office in Singapore. We not only consider our service to customers to be important, but also that we create a pleasant working environment for our more than 2,900 colleagues worldwide. Creativity and job satisfaction are central to us and we attach great value to personal relationships with our customers. We believe that real attention to people leads to better service and a further increase in the quality of our products: products that make our lives more enjoyable. Our core values are: proactive, customer-oriented, teamwork, flexible and creative, partnership, agreement is agreement and drive.
Neways Technologies – founded in 1985 and based at the Science Park Eindhoven in Son en Breugel – is part of a development team of more than two hundred developers who carry out their work at various locations at the various operating companies in Son, Enschede, Echt and Erfurt (Germany). Neways Technologies offers a combination of services across the entire product life cycle of high-grade industrial electronics applications. These services consist of co-development up to and including sustaining services.
Do you want to meet us or want to know more? Feel free to contact us!
Feel free to contact Heidy van der Rijt for substantive information about the job at +31(0)402679237 or email@example.com. Heidy will be happy to explain to you what the position of System Architect Embedded Systems entails and what it is like to continue your career at Neways. To apply for this job, use the “apply button” on our website: www.werkenbijneways.nl. Please send us your cv and motivation.
Neways works with a screening policy during the job application procedure. This means that we would like to see your original certificates and identification card.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.