Do you like the challenge of structuring the data of a company and know how to implement such a change? Can you translate the vision of Master Data Management to actual steps that need to be taken to achieve that vision? Do you enjoy thinking about how data, data structures, and relations between data can make processes run more smoothly? Then this new position of Master Data Manager is something you would enjoy!
Where will you be working as a Master Data Manager?
Neways Electronics International is a decentralized and therefore decisive organization, consisting of a holding company with twelve operating companies in the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic and China. We not only find our service to customers important but also that we create a pleasant working environment for 2.943 colleagues worldwide. Creativity and job satisfaction are central to us and we place great value on personal relationships with customers. We believe that real attention for people leads to better service and a further increase in the quality of our products: products that make our lives more pleasant. Our core values are: proactive, customer-oriented, teamwork, flexible and creative, partnership, drive and we meet our appointments.
What will you be doing as a Master Data Manager?
You are responsible for the Vision and Strategy on Master Data Management and the Master Data Structure. You strive to provide the Neways organization with a “single point of truth” in data. This also means making sure that data is accurate, of high quality and available in a timely fashion. At the same time you are aware that it will need patience to get the whole organization on board. You are also the driving force behind the implementation of the Master Data Structure within the entire Neways organization. Within Neways this is still a new discipline with a lot of opportunities to define the structure and implementation. As Master Data Manager you give day to day guidance to the Data Stewards to ensure the quality of the Neways Master Data Structure and the quality of the content of the Master Data. Together with the Business Process Owners, IT department, and the Board of Directors you ensure that the vision and strategy for Master Data support the Business goals and Business strategy.
Tasks and responsibilities are, amongst others:
- responsible for the Master Data Strategy in consultation with the Board and IT;
- responsibility for defining the Master Data Structure with input from the Data Stewards and/or Business Process Owners;
- responsibility for the Master Data Management Roles and Responsibilities;
- responsible for Master Data Structure, Master Data (Management) processes, execution of Master Data requests, timely execution of processes, and quality of Master Data;
- chairs the Governance Board on Master Data Management subjects;
- responsible for the implementation of Master Data Governance and the Master Data Structure;
- guides the Data Stewards in the day-to-day Master Data Management operation (is in effect the functional manager for the Data Stewards);
- responsible for reporting on Master Data quality and for ensuring actions to maintain a high level of data quality.
What do we ask of you as a Master Data Manager?
To be successful in the role of Master Data Manager you have affinity with data, data models, and an understanding of how data relates to other data, systems and applications. You are able to set a target for the development of Master Data and Master Data Management and to adhere to get to that goal. You stay on top of developments on the topic of Master Data and are able to incorporate those developments into the aim that has been set or the journey towards that target. On top of that you know how to translate that faraway aim into practical steps towards reaching that goal and you get colleagues on board for that journey towards the goal. You are able to keep the bigger picture in mind, translate a conceptual vision into a practical approach and you know how to create broad support for Master Data Management. You have people centered leadership skills and know how to get them to cooperate in realizing the Master Data Management Vision and Strategy;
Furthermore, we ask of you:
- a completed HBO education or higher;
- at least three years of experience in a comparable position;
- affinity and experience with data management, information technology, data structures, and preferably some basic knowledge of database structures;
- ability to safeguard the consistency of the Master Data Structure;
- experience with change management;
- knowledge about business processes and the role of data in these processes;
- managerial skills, preferably in a matrix organization;
- fulltime available;
- excellent communication and written skills in Dutch and English Excellent, German is a pre.
What do we offer you as a Master Data Manager?
We offer you a challenging job in a dynamic and extremely healthy production environment. You get the chance to make an important contribution to the development and profitability of Neways. We offer you a full-time position within a highly motivated and collegial working atmosphere with lots of freedom for initiatives and space for personal development. In addition to an appropriate salary, you can think of secondary employment conditions such as:
- 27 vacation days
- 13 days off work pursuant to the Reduction of Working Hours Act
- 8% vacation pay
- Flexible hours
- Training possibilities
- Pension arrangement
- Travel allowance
After a thorough training program and good guidance, you will be given the opportunity to fulfil your role independently. In the long term, there will be sufficient growth opportunities depending on your ambitions.
Do you want to meet us or want to know more? Feel free to contact us!
Feel free to contact Sabine van Marrewijk for substantive information about the job at +31624849783. Sabine will be happy to explain to you what the position of Master Data Manager entails and what it is like to continue your career at Neways. To apply for this job, use the “apply button”. Please send us your cv and motivation.
Sabine van Marrewijk
Neways uses a screening policy in the application procedure. This means that we would like to see your original diplomas and ID.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.