Embedded hardware and software, a combination in which you see a great challenge. A job with a lot of diversity in projects and activities, where your expertise lies in the technical content. This is reflected in the position of Lead Designer at Neways Technologies.
What are you going to do as a Lead Designer?
As Lead Designer you will be part of the Embedded Systems department. Together with your colleagues you are responsible for the electronics parts for systems or products, which we develop and produce for and in consultation with our customers. You fulfill an important role between the customer, supplier and our department. By asking the right questions you get the customer’s wishes to the surface so we can offer a solution that meets the customer’s needs as closely as possible. You are able to coach and manage junior designers and you coordinate the designers who are involved in the project teams. Together with the project leader, you coordinate the planning and discuss the progress and deviations within the projects. You are also point of contact for System Architects regarding technical concepts. Furthermore, you are the one who draws the content of the project. You will be working on a variety of projects in a project-based manner. You can think of projects within the automotive, industry, medical or semiconductor industry.
Your tasks also include:
- acting as an enquiry and technical coach for customers and team members;
- maintaining and developing your own knowledge within the field;
- actively support the project manager in executing the project by taking the lead for the hardware/software team;
- professional / technical guidance and implementation of assigned project(s) and pay attention into account quality, costs and planning;
- providing technical support to the commercial department within Neways;
- working according to design methods, procedures, guidelines, instructions and plans;
- Create work breakdown and actively monitor project plans of your own work and the project team members;
- quality assurance in projects and studies in accordance with the quality system;
- making recommendations to improve the quality system.
What do we ask of you?
You are driven by technology, eager and you want to assert yourself within the organization. You are technically strong in terms of content and know how to transfer knowledge and experience to colleagues. Together you want to achieve the desired result and easily create the ‘group feeling’ within the team. You are a real team player and you radiate a positive energy. You can also fulfill your function well on your own. It goes without saying that you are accurate in your work. Furthermore, we ask:
- a completed Higher/Academic education in electrical engineering or similar;
- 5 to 10 years of work experience in a similar position;
- management experience is an advantage;
- experience with CE, EMC directive and UL standards;
- knowledge of CAD tools (Spice, Matlab, Altium, DXdesigner);
- good communication and writing skills in English, Dutch is an advantage;
- fulltime availability.
What do we offer you?
We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic and healthy development and production environment. You will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to Neways’ development and profitability. We offer you a full-time position in a highly driven and collegial working environment with a lot of freedom for initiatives and room for personal development.
Who are we?
Neways Electronics International is an international organization specialized in the Electronics Manufacturing Services industry. We offer our customers custom made solutions for the complete product lifecycle of both electronic components and complete box-build electronic control systems. We are an organization consisting of companies in the Netherlands, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, China and the United States. Not only do we consider our services to be important, but also our colleagues, more than 2700 FTE worldwide, for whom we aim to create a pleasant working environment.
Our core values are: proactiveness, customer-oriented, teamwork, flexibility, creativity, partnership, commitment and passion.
As a Lead Designer you will work for Neways Technologies.
- Neways Technologies is located in Echt, Enschede, Son and Erfurt;
- We are specialized in the development of high-quality industrial electronic applications;
- Neways Technologies feels like working within a family business with 230 FTE;
- Our clients are mostly active in the automotive industry, medical industry, defense industry, industrial market and semiconductor industry;
- Loyalty, flexibility and career opportunities are of great importance;
- Our ambition is to become the technology and life cycle partner of our customers;
- We stand for customer intimacy, technological leadership and operational excellence.
Feel free to contact Sabine van Marrewijk for substantive information about the job at +31(0)624849783 or email@example.com. Visit our website: www.newayselectronics.com/nt for more information about Neways Technologies. To apply for this job, use the apply button and send us your cv and motivation.
Neways works with a screening policy during the job application procedure. This means that we would like to see your original certificates and identification card.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.