Do you have a broad interest in technology and do you find it a challenge to be at the beginning of the design of various complex products for our versatile customers? Then this job of Hardware Designer is the right one for you. A job in which you fulfil an intermediary function between Neways and the customer and where you find great diversity in the customers and products that we develop for our customers. You are looking for: a challenging and independent job with plenty of room for personal input and, in time, various career opportunities. We develop: innovative products that lead to satisfied customers in the following sectors: Semicon, Automotive, Medical, Industry.
What are you going to do as a Hardware Designer?
As a Hardware Designer you will be part of the Design and Engineering group at Neways Technologies and within the Embedded Systems department. You will be (co-)responsible for the electronics part and the embedded software and/or hardware solutions that we develop and produce for and in consultation with our customers.
In this position you work in project teams together with colleagues from our other disciplines such as: System Architecture, Electromechanics and Mechanics. And this at your own Neways Technologies location as well as other Neways locations.
Your tasks also include:
- (partly) design documents;
- the development of embedded software and/or hardware according to specifications;
- identifying and possibly implementing product (production) improvement proposals;
- maintaining contacts with relevant suppliers;
- being and remaining aware of these, development tools and working methods;
- working with and according to (internal) coding standards;
- participating in (multi-site) project teams;
- assisting with the production of the developed products, especially the test tooling;
- completion of assigned work in accordance with the planning;
- work can be carried out on Neways’s location as well as that of the customers;
- maintaining contacts with customers;
- having access to the most recent knowledge in our own field of expertise and updating this further where necessary in order to apply it adequately.
What do we ask of you as a Hardware Designer?
First of all, you have good communication and social skills. You know how to maintain good contacts with your colleagues, suppliers and customers and you know what is going on with the various parties. In order to get things clear, you are able to listen carefully and continue to ask questions so that you have the right information at your disposal. You have a broad interest and experience in the technology of both hardware and software for embedded systems design. It goes without saying that you will keep up with the developments in your field. You are able to work in a team but you are also able to fulfill your function independently. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your designs are made as optimal and accurate as possible.
Furthermore, we ask:
- a completed HBO/WO education in electronics or similar;
- experience with CE, EMC directive and UL standards;
- experience with quality techniques such as FMEA, MTBF; Knowledge of HW development tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab, Altium, DXdesigner);
- knowledge of SW development tools (e.g. IAR, Keil, Eclipse); Knowledge of – and experience with programming languages, e.g. C/C++, Java, VB.net;
- good knowledge of and experience with MS Office Word and Excel;
- good communication and writing skills in Dutch and English;
- willingness to perform work on location of our clients.
What do we offer you as a Hardware Designer?
First of all, a very driven, collegial working environment with a lot of freedom for initiatives and room for personal development and growth. A competitive salary that suits your age, education and experience. In addition to an initially temporary contract, we also offer you excellent terms of employment. Think of the following:
- 27 holidays
- 13 adv-days
- 8% holiday pay
After a thorough onboarding program and good guidance, you will be given the space to fulfil your role independently. In the long run, there will be sufficient growth opportunities depending on your ambitions.
Where do you come to work as a Hardware Designer?
Neways Electronics International is a decentralized and therefore decisive organization, consisting of a holding company with sixteen operating companies in the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia and China and a sales and service office in Singapore. We not only consider our service to customers to be important, but also that we create a pleasant working environment for our more than 2,900 colleagues worldwide. Creativity and job satisfaction are central to us and we attach great value to personal relationships with our customers. We believe that real attention to people leads to better service and a further increase in the quality of our products: products that make our lives more enjoyable. Our core values are: proactive, customer-oriented, teamwork, flexible and creative, partnership, agreement is agreement and drive.
Neways Technologies – founded in 1985 and based at the Science Park Eindhoven in Son en Breugel – is part of a development team of more than two hundred developers who carry out their work at various locations at the various operating companies in Son, Enschede, Echt and Erfurt (Germany). Neways Technologies offers a combination of services across the entire product life cycle of high-grade industrial electronics applications. These services consist of co-development up to and including sustaining services.
Do you want to meet us or want to know more? Feel free to contact us!
Feel free to contact Heidy van der Rijt for substantive information about the job at +31(0)402679237 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Heidy will be happy to explain to you what the position of Hardware Designer entails and what it is like to continue your career at Neways. To apply for this job, use the “apply button” on our website: www.werkenbijneways.nl. Please send us your cv and motivation.
Neways works with a screening policy during the job application procedure. This means that we would like to see your original certificates and identification card.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.