Do you have a broad interest in technology and do you find it a challenge to be at the beginning of the design of various complex products for our versatile customers? Then the job of Mechanical Designer is for you. A job in which you fulfill a function and find great diversity in the customers and products we develop for our customers. This results in a win-win situation:
For you: a challenging and independent job with a lot of room for personal input and in the long run various career opportunities. For us: innovative products that lead to satisfied customers.
What are you going to do as a Mechanical Designer?
As a Mechanical Designer you get a thorough onboarding process. You are part of the Mechanical Engineering group at Neways Technologies. You are co-responsible for the mechanical design of the entire (sub)system around the electronics. In this position you also work together with the Electromechanical Engineering team and the Embedded Systems teams.
Your tasks also includes:
- Drawing up specifications in cooperation with the customer;
- Carrying out or supervising feasibility studies;
- Independently design, implement, test and document mechanical engineering constructions and (parts of) equipment;
- Realization of Design and/or Process FMEA’s;
- Drawing up product (production) improvement proposals;
- Participating in the project team from a mechanical point of view, for example in reviews and consultations with the client;
- Completion of assigned work according to schedule;
- Being and remaining aware of available (production) technology.
What do we ask of you as a Mechanical Designer?
First of all, you are communicative and sociable. You know how to maintain good contacts with your colleagues, suppliers and customers and you know what is going on with the various parties. In order to get things clear, you are able to listen carefully and ask questions so that you have the right information at your disposal. In addition, you have a broad interest and experience in mechanical engineering, as well as an affinity with the design of electronic systems. You will keep up with the developments in your field. You are able to work in a team, but you are also able to fulfil your function independently. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your designs are made as optimally and accurately as possible.
Furthermore, you bring:
- A completed HBO or university degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- Knowledge in the field of injection molding and diecast design techniques;
- Knowledge of shielding, sealing and robustness of products applicable in relatively extreme situations;
- Experience with NX (pre) or another 3D design package;
- Knowledge of FEM calculations;
- A pragmatic and problem-solving attitude;
- Good communication and written skills in Dutch and English.
Where do you come to work as a Mechanical Designer?
Neways Electronics International is a decentralized and therefore decisive organization, consisting of a holding company with sixteen operating companies in the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia and China and a sales and service office in Singapore. We not only consider our service to customers to be important, but also that we create a pleasant working environment for our more than 2,900 colleagues worldwide. Creativity and job satisfaction are central to us and we attach great value to personal relationships with our customers. We believe that real attention to people leads to better service and a further increase in the quality of our products: products that make our lives more enjoyable. Our core values are: proactive, customer-oriented, teamwork, flexible and creative, partnership, agreement is agreement and drive.
Neways Technologies – founded in 1985 and based at the Science Park Eindhoven in Son en Breugel – is part of a development team of more than two hundred developers who carry out their work at various locations at the various operating companies in Son, Enschede, Echt and Erfurt (Germany). Neways Technologies offers a combination of services across the entire product life cycle of high-grade industrial electronics applications. These services consist of co-development up to and including sustaining services.
Do you want to meet us or want to know more? Feel free to contact us!
Feel free to contact Heidy van der Rijt for substantive information about the job at +31(0)402679237 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Heidy will be happy to explain to you what the position of Mechanical Designer entails and what it is like to continue your career at Neways. To apply for this job, use the “apply button”. Please send us your cv and motivation.
Neways works with a screening policy during the job application procedure. This means that we would like to see your original certificates and identification card.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.