Do you aspire to be the driving force behind the design and development of various complex products for our clients in the high tech industry? Then the job of Designer Electromechanics is perfect for you. For our clients you provide expertise in the design of our electromechanics and you fulfill an intermediary role between Neways and the customer.
You: a challenging and independent job with plenty of room for your own contribution and, in the long term, career opportunities to the role of Lead Designer.
We: innovative products that lead to satisfied clients.
What are you going to do as Designer Electromechanics?
As a designer you find it challenging to be at the start of the design of electrical/electromechanical modules and machines for our customers. You are part of the Electromechanics team within the Design & Engineering department and you participate in an internal project team. This implies that you are the liaison between the project director, architect and other team members. Together with nearly 35 other designers, you are responsible for the electromechanical part of the products that we manufacture for and in consultation with our clients. You maintain contact with our customers in the context of the orders and regularly you are on site at the customer. By asking the right questions, you gain an insight into the customer’s wishes so that we can create a solution that neatly fits the customer’s demands. Queries such as which materials will be used and which production techniques we employ, are matters that are talked about daily. In this office you’ll be cooperating closely with the Mechanical and Embedded System team.
Your tasks will include
- Drafting and reviewing specifications of modules together with the client;
- Convert the data supplied by the external or internal customer into 3D models and production drawings;
- Independently designing, implementing, testing and documenting hardware (electrical/electromechanical) using state-of-the-art methods;
- Developing tools used for testing;
- Helping with the production of the developed products;
- Drafting and monitoring of schedules; maintaining contacts with clients, whether or not aimed at an ongoing project and the expansion of the client network;
- Transfering knowledge and gained experience to fellow workers.
What do we ask of you as Designer Electromechanics?
First of all, we are looking for a communicative and social coworker. You know how to maintain good contacts with your client, colleagues and suppliers and know what is of concern to the different parties. You have a broad interest in technology and have knowledge of electronics, mechatronics and production techniques. Needless to say you stay up-to-date with developments in your field and apply this knowledge adequately while advising the customer. You are solution-oriented and able to work both as a team and independently. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your production drawings are made as optimal as possible.
Further we ask
- A college or university degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a job such as designer, engineer or constructor;
- Good knowledge and experience with MS Office Word and Excel;
- Experience with Siemens NX or another 3D design package is an advantage;
- Skilled, verbally and written, Germany and English;
- Carry out your work on-site at the customer;
- Available full-time;
Do you want to know more? You are very welcome!
Please send your application via E-Mail: HRM.NT@newayselectronics.com